Apprenticeship Levy Infographic

Click here to view our Apprenticeship Levy Infographic.


Levy Payers

How much will I pay?

Employers with a wage bill of £3 million or more are required to pay into the apprenticeship levy. You will also receive an additional allowance of £15,000.

For example, if you’re an employer with a wage bill of £3,000,000, your levy sum will be £17,500. You’ll receive an allowance of £15,000 so your annual payment will be £2,750.

These funds will be added to your Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) account along with a 5% top-up from the government as digital vouchers.

You can create a DAS account here.

As a levy-payer, you can pay for apprenticeship training via your DAS account. Once your digital vouchers have been spent, any additional apprenticeship training will be 95% funded by the government and you will contribute the remaining 5%.

Any un-spent digital vouchers will be lost after 24 months and used to fund apprenticeship training for non-levy paying employers.


Non-Levy Payers

As a non-levy paying employer, the government will fund 95% of the cost of your apprenticeship training and you will pay the remaining 5%.

If you employ less than 50 members of staff and you recruit an apprentice aged 16-18, your apprenticeship training will be fully funded by the government.

Grant funding may also be available.


Get in touch

If you’re unsure if you are a levy paying employer or would like to discuss how to make the most of your levy contribution, contact a member of the Business Development Unit on or 01642 865 577.

Dementia Friends
EU Social Fund
Funding Agency
HM Government
North East Better Health
Sir William Turner
Smart Assessor
Tees Valley Mayor
TEF Silver
Investors In The Environment