Hold a Level 3 qualification in the occupational area they want to assess in
Have a good level of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills, preferably English, Maths and ICT at GCSE grades A-C
Be able to collect evidence of their assessment practice with a minimum of two students
Have a qualified Assessor who can countersign their assessment decisions.
This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
What will I learn
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Assessment includes three units:
• Understanding the principles & practices of assessment
• Assessing occupational competence in the work environment
• Assessing vocational skills knowledge & understanding.
How will I learn
Your assessor will assess your occupational competence in your work environment. It may include the following:
• observation of performance in the work environment
• examining products of work
• questioning the learner
• discussing with the learner
• use of others (witness testimony)
• looking at learner statements
• Recognising prior learning.
After successful completion of this course, you can progress on to the Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
Cost: Fee may apply depending on individual circumstance. Please contact our admissions team to discuss fees and any related funding options.
Study around your own learning needs with excellent support and guidance