There are no formal qualifications for this course, although we would like you to be able to show good communication skills, demonstrate you have the commitment for the course and come prepared to learn and work hard.
You will be asked to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment to determine your level of English and maths. You will also be required to have an informal interview. In addition, some basic IT skills would be advantageous.
Within the College, this Level 2 qualification is highly regarded as an excellent stepping stone for those wanting to enter the Access to Higher Education route into university.
The NOCN Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development is labelled as Pre-Access to Higher Education, due to its success rate in helping those who have struggled with the initial maths and English screening test for their desired Access to Higher Education choices.
What will I learn
Subjects studied will include:
• Using Calculations - based on developing understanding of numbers, statistics and data.
• Personal Career Preparation- focusing on your personal learning and professional development and your intended career progression.
• Punctuation and Grammar Skills - developing your understanding of punctuation and grammar. You will focus on essay development as well as creating your UCAS university personal statement.
How will I learn
You will learn through class sessions, which involve lectures and demonstrations. Interactive learning will include using IT and the virtual learning environment (VLE). Learners are supported and encouraged to develop independent learning techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course, you may progress on to a number of academic programmes, including our:
• Access to Higher Education in Health Diploma
• Access to Higher Education in Humanities and Social Sciences Diploma
You must be aged 19 years or over to enrol onto this course. This course is not suitable for school leavers.
We have a flexible, friendly and approachable team to help support you through this course